I made these for breakfast this morning and they were amazing!
These nut-free paleo pancakes are a spin on my classic paleo pancake recipe. They’re equally delicious and perfect for those with nut sensitivities.
Author: Lisa Bryan – Downshiftology.com
• 4 large eggs, beaten
• ½ cup coconut flour
• ½ cup tapioca flour
• ½-1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk*
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• ghee of coconut oil (to coat skillet)
Triple Berry Compote:
• 1 cup raspberries
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup blackberries
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp arrowroot flour
1. Mix all the dry pancake ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk in all the liquid ingredients (except the coconut milk). It will be clumpy.
2. Slowly add the coconut milk. You may need more or less depending on your coconut milk (*full-fat, canned coconut milk tends to be thicker than homemade or store-bough). Continue adding the coconut milk until your batter has reached the desired consistency.
3. Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-high heat and coat with ghee or coconut oil.
4. Spoon the pancake batter onto the skillet. Use the back of a spoon to smooth each pancake into a round shape. Keep pancakes to approximately 3-4 inches in diameter as they’ll be easier to flip. Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip for an additional 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and serve immediately with triple berry compote or your favorite syrup.
6. To make the triple berry compote, mix the berries and honey together in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, while stirring 2-3 minutes. The heat will start to soften the berries into a liquid. Add the arrowroot flour and stir for another minute. Serve on top of the pancakes.